Run Home to Crochet

Run Home to Crochet

Wednesday 29 July 2015

bags * bags * bags *

Hello there - some weeks ago at the beginning of June Kathryn from Crafternoon Treats started a bagalong project, inviting people to make a retro project bag.  These things can be very addictive and because they are explained so well, it is enjoyable to join in and lots of people who are taking part share their photos and stories with each other.  So I chose the yarn colours that I wanted to use and off I went following the tutorial

 
 
 
basic granny square
 
 
make five basic granny squares - four sides for the bag and one bottom
 
 
layer them up!!!

 
make a pattern with them!!!
 
 
decide which order you want to join them
 
 
double crochet them together to join (no sewing involved)
 
 
one bag - joined but not finished!!
 
 
choose your lining
 
 
one bag crocheted and lined - love it - Ta-dah!
 
*     *     *     *     *     *
 
Then Kathryn posted that she was doing a small granny envelope bag - and there is a rather special young lady who is 9 years old that came to run with me at our parkrun on Saturday, so I thought I would make her a little granny envelope bag
 
 
choose your colours
 
 
 
make just one granny square
 
 
fold it into an envelope shape and sew a flower and button on
 
 
choose some lining
 
 
decide what bits and pieces you need to fasten your little bag together
 
 
 
 
poppers one fits inside the other and holds the flap of the little bag closed
 
 
crochet a pretty strap
 
 
Sew the pretty strap onto the envelope shape bag and you have a Ta-dah moment
 
 
then crochet a little purse and pop a little bar of soap in it cos little girls like pretty things!!
 
Thanks for popping by
 
Xx Joy Xx

10 comments:

  1. Really cute bag, love the lining of it too, might have to have a go at it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's made in a chunky wool and grows really quickly xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh you are so kind Joy, always making for other people. Great colours. Pen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely bags you've made, Joy! I'm sure your young friend is absolutely delighted with hers - she's just at the right age to really love a bag like that (I should know, I've got one just the same!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christine - her Mum has just started to crochet and is thinking of making one for her niece - only boys in our family so it was lovey to be able to do something pretty and girlie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy, you are the kindest person ever! People are so lucky when they receive your special gifts, me included :)

    I think I'll try that big bag, it looks like a fun project. Although I suspect you've made it look easier than I'll find it lol xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaww thank you Sarah. It is easy to do - honesty - just granny squares. I am on the end of the phone should you get stuck. Go for it! xx

    ReplyDelete