Run Home to Crochet

Run Home to Crochet

Monday 18 January 2016

** Moving into January **

Hello there - as we get over Christmas and the hustle and bustle in the big build up to it, we move on into January and once the tree was down and baubles etc were in the boxes and ready to go back into the loft until next Christmas .........

 
 
I started to sort out my stash of wool/yarn and looking for patterns of what to make

 
A snowflake
 
 
Some stars
 
 
A stocking - all in mind for next Christmas!
 
 
With Christmas 2016 in mind I made these
 


 
 
 
This ball of wool

 
made this
 
 
This ball of wool
 
 
made these
 
 
This ball of wool

 
 
is making this scarf and is still a 'work in progress'
 
 
I found this pattern which I loved - so made these beauties
 
 
and some more and have some more on needles so have more
'works in progress'
some strawberry ones

 
A lady asked for volunteers to make squares for a blanket which is to be raffled - there is a page on facebook called - Alexia's Meadow IG Blanket - the blanket is to be made by 101 ladies on Instagram to raise funds to Help Alexia Walk.  I am one of those 101 lucky ladies to have been chosen to make a square.  We were asked to use 'stylecraft double knitting wool in the colour meadow'.  We could decorate this as we wished or just leave it plain - so I did a daisy and attached to mine and sent it off to Sue for her project.
 
 
With this very much to the fore of my mind I put it to the
 'knit n natter' girls
Could we make a crochet double bed blanket with some
classic granny squares - like this - and raffle it????
The answer was of course yes, so that is what we are doing now
and I will keep you updated on this as the weeks go by,
 
Thanks for popping by
 
Xx Joy Xx
 
PS
 
Some weeks ago when the 'knit n natter' group were crocheting squares for refugee blankets, my running friend Jo asked if her Mum, Mary could knit some squares for blankets too.  Of course she can I said and so
 
 
These arrived
 
 
OOOOOooooohhhh look
 
 
 
And so I starting joining Mary's lovely knitted squares
 
 
Mary will be 85 in April and every time I see Jo I get another bag of Mary's squares
Jo said "shall I tell Mum you have enough squares" - No Jo "please tell Mum to keep knitting them"
 
 
So I got more - I need to go now and do some more joining
Thanks Mary - keep them coming - they are gorgeous!!!
 
ttfn xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow cant believe how much back stock of wool you have, you could open a shop..
    Mary's blanket looks really great. The wool youve used on the hitch hikers blanket looks fab, love how the blocks of colours are sticking in the different steps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless ♥ you and your crafty ladies have been busy and we aren't even at the end of January yet :-D can't wait to see what other colourful projects you dream up :-) happy Monday Joy and all the best with your many crafts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see what you are doing Joy. Pen xx

    ReplyDelete